The Energy Analyst will engage in complex data analysis to track and report on energy industry trends. They will keep PNUCC members informed and create written and oral presentations that share technical findings on key initiatives important to the industry. They will be service oriented with excellent interpersonal and cooperative skills. This position also plays an essential operational role in fulfilling PNUCC’s mission. They will receive direction and guidance from the Executive Director and Analytics and Policy Director and work cooperatively to bring about shared efforts that contribute to PNUCC’s success. PNUCC cultivates a culture that values employee contributions and promotes teamwork.
- Identifying, tracking and assessing power industry issues and trends that significantly impact the future of the Northwest electric utilities and PNUCC membership
- Assisting with updates and improvements to PNUCC’s annual Northwest Regional Forecast
- Supporting quality technical projects initiated on behalf of PNUCC members to advance the mission
- Staying well informed of emerging power industry issues
- Leading data intake, critical analysis and development of documentation
- Sharing responsibility for communicating complex issues to diverse audiences by illustrating outcomes, and creating written reports and oral presentations
- Participating in planning, coordinating, and developing agendas for PNUCC meetings
- Supporting organizational functions, including maintaining database and website, to assure organizational effectiveness
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with PNUCC members and related organizations
To be considered for this position please submit a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The first round of review will begin on December 5. For questions regarding this position, please contact email@example.com.
Job Related Qualifications
- Proven problem-solving, critical thinking and organizational skills
- Research, technical and analytical capabilities
- Strong computer skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and solid database management skills
- Ability to understand mathematical concepts including qualitative and quantitative modeling
- Ability to work well with groups of diverse interests and perspectives
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Effective time management skills, ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks at a time
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in power industry, utility operations or management, or Northwest energy issues preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with a combination of educational and professional experience to be able to perform essential responsibilities
- Five or more years of professional experience preferred
PNUCC offers a competitive salary and an exceptional benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision and short/long term disability coverage; defined benefit pension program; life insurance; and paid holidays and personal leave.